Arroyo Majales Gorge
Located along the upper part of the Júzcar river in the village which was home for the Smurfs in a recent film, this gorge available only during the rainy season, is open with numerous outcrops and very easy access. It is ideal for both courses and ab-initio practitioners of the sport. Difficulty – low.This gorge is only available during the rainy season as the primary interest lies in its vertical walls and the flowing water. Being an open gorge, it is ideal for all seasons apart from summer when it gets very hot. Access to and from the gorge is short and accessible and returns you to the same starting point. You can combine the descent of this gorge with that of the Sima de Diablo although this option does lead to a very long day. This gorge is ideal for both courses and ab-initio practitioners of the sport.
- Difficulty: Medium to Low.
- Duration: 3 to 4 hours
- Distance: Approximately 4.5 kilometres
- Included: Monitors and all necessary approved safety equipment. A gorge kit bag and a waterproof bag (one per 3 or 4 people). Neoprene suits and boots. Energy bars. Support vehicle. All necessary insurance. Permits and passes. Photographs. VAT.
- What you need to bring Sports shoes (preferably mountain/walking boots), swimwear, 15 litres of water or isotonic drink, dry fruit snacks or chocolate, sandwiches. Change of clothes and dry shoes (change after descending the gorge). It is recommended that you bring sun block or protection particularly for the hike.
- Requirements: Ability to swim (other than summer months), minimum age of 9 years